Sunday, April 8, 2012

New Student!!

Taking on a new piano student is one of the best parts about my job! I love meeting new people and exploring new learning styles.  The newest edition to my schedule is a super sweet four year old girl.  She was VERY shy  when I first arrived but warmed up once we starting playing around on the piano.   By the time I left, she was excitedly teaching her mom how to do all the things we had just learned on the keyboard.  Seeing my piano students feeling that enthusiastic right out of the gate makes my whole day.

Note to parents of new piano students:
Most kids are nervous before they start their first piano lesson, and almost all kids are shy about meeting the piano teacher.  Don't Stress!!! Just remember, after getting the first couple of lessons under their belt, they'll be comfortable enough to start teaching you what they've been learning.  Get ready for your crash courses! 

**Don't forget everybody...I currently have available time-slots open for in-home piano lessons in Charleston and the surrounding areas! Give me a call (803.370.1275) or shoot me an email (ashleyerinw@gmail.com) to find out your rate and available times!  I can't wait to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment