Sunday, April 1, 2012

Road Trip!!

As most of you know I am a commercial photographer by day, and an enthusiastic piano teacher by night. I love the fact that my work life is composed of my two very favorite things! After my last piano lesson this week, I hopped in my car and headed on a three day road trip to Nashville, Tennessee!! This was a business trip, but as I said, work and fun are one in the same for this lucky pianist. My purpose in the music capital? I had the opportunity to photograph an up-and-coming guitarist, wearing incredible vintage clothes in some amazing locations!! I grew up in the back-woods of Tennessee, so being out in the fields surrounding Nashville exploring old barns and antique shops was like coming home for me. Actually being in the city was more of a new experience. While exploring, I ran across The Big Bang, a dueling piano bar on Broadway in Nashville. Anybody been?? Between all of the location scouting and shooting, I didn't have time to stop in, but The Big Bang is now on my list of MUST SEE places in Nashville. You really can't beat a good dueling piano bar :).

As much fun as I had out in the fields of Tennessee and exploring the musical side of Nashville, I can't wait to be back home with my piano students again! I'll be back on the road tomorrow and will get home with just enough time to stop and pick up some new sheet music on my way home. See you soon!

**Don't forget everybody!! I currently have some available time slots for piano students! Anyone in Charleston and surrounding areas give me a call 803.370.1275 or shoot me an email ashleyerinw@gmail.com and lets start playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment